Australian Student Visa: 4 Common FAQs

Door Raginisharma14 gepubliceerd op Tuesday 31 March 14:44

Australia has long been an exceptionally desirable study abroad location for the international students aiming to study abroad. Australia is not only a popular holiday destination for millions of tourists, but has immense to offer academically, culturally and socially to all the prospective students.

You need to apply for Australia student visa if you wish to study in Australia . There are innumerable Visas launched every year from all the countries, yet there is no limit put by the Australian Government 's on the number of visas granted to eligible students, which ensures that you don't have to bother much about the competition. Having said that, the process and the application of Visa, is not that simple and can be intensifying.

The terror and stress for the student visa Australia can cause, we have come up with a few frequently asked questions. Just go through this article and stay rest assured to have a simplifies student visa process.


  1. What is a Confirmation of Enrollment?

You must first enrol in a full-time course in Australia which is registered with the Commonwealth Registry of International Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) to be eligible for a student visa. Make sure that the course you have opted for is listed in CRICOS.

You need to apply for the course at your desired university and pay the fees. Once the fees are paid, the university provides you with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) which is a mandatory document for student visa.

  1. Do I have to take an English Test for my Visa?

The most common question that lingers in all the students' mind is if an English competency test is required or not. depending on which visa you are applying for the requirement of English language test differs. Australia accepts all the 3 English language tests for Visa procedure. The 3 English competency tests are PTE, IELTS and TOEFL.

  1. Can I work in Australia while holding a student visa?

As the primary holder of a student visa in Australia (that is, the person who is actually studying in Australia) you can normally work no more than 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session and you can work unlimited hours when the course is not in session (for example during semester breaks and at the end of the course).

  1. I have received a request from the Department of Home Affairs for more information. What do I do?

Whenever you get such kind of request, make sure you need to be careful while answering as the Department of Home Affairs may ask for such kind of information for several reasons.

The Department would ask such information when they have a doubt on the student profile. There is nothing much to panic about, just that you need to be true in submitting the required documents and answering to the questions genuinely. The concerns might be that you might not be a genuine student. So, be very careful while replying to such mails.

Hope this article helps you in having a clarity of Australia Study Visa requirement . This being the most crucial step and deciding factor of your future in Australia, be thoroughly prepared in terms of documents and relevant information as well.

Stay tuned for more such articles.

Reacties (0) 

Voordat je kunt reageren moet je aangemeld zijn. Login of maak een gratis account aan.